Northwell Health is a nonprofit integrated healthcare network that is New York State’s largest healthcare provider and private employer, with more than 74,000 employees in 2020. It was formerly called North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System and renamed in 2015.
Northwell’s core challenge was to migrate their current SharePoint 2010 infrastructure and applications to a modern M365 platform that was mobile friendly and improved the user experience with the modern design.
Their current environment consisted of:
- Custom visual studio workflows:- 1 mega enterprise, several small one
- Skyscraper forms
- Custom workflows for logging and instances tracking
- Meta data
- WSP solutions
- 30,000+ documents
- 50 custom pages
- Huge list and libraries. Threshold limit increased on libraries
The end solution needed to include:
- Modern pages
- SPFx solutions
- Office Fabic UI which is device friendly
- Workflows – SPFx api, Azure web app services
The migration tools that SoHo used were:
- Visual Studio – Scripts. Console applications
- PowerShell shell
This 8 month project resulted in all legacy technology removed, responsive pages to all devices, with list data in data in M365 – a supported platform and a faster approval process, which improved the perception of SharePoint as a modern enterprise application.